Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Welcome!

Against a northern Ontario landscape with the soft sumptuous pastels of spring and the vibrant, varied colors of fall, an artist was born. That would would be me!


I've never been happy with the mundane, I found myself rearranging the furniture over and over again in my own home and accessorizing with whatever is available. My favourite thing to do is finding a new way to use and old thing. Over the years i've learned to sew, creating unique clothing and decorate my surrounding out of scraps of material and treasures along side of the road. Everyone seems to be inspired by my creativity and wants what I have - little do they know where it came from. Now let's keep that between you and me ;-)


Before I got into the design industry, I was studying the wonderful world of business and finance. I sure do love the numbers... but quickly found out that there's not much creativity in that. You can always shuffle them around but 1+1 will ALWAYS = 2. 


One day, I was sitting in my living room with my close friend Marie-Claude dreaming up a wonderful house for her. I've always love to help people out wherever I could. She challenged me to help her design her "new" home. I quickly accepted the challenge not knowing where to begin... we talked layout, colour palettes, even landscape... by the time we were done we had planned out a castle. I thought to myself, I better get my act in gear and go back to school. But how will I do this? The money? The time? Did I mention I have four young kids?


I dug real deep... It took a while but I DID IT!! That's right, I went back to school and got my interior design certificate. Now my passion for art is fused with cutting edge technology, and my knowledge of the latest trends in the design industry makes me capable of accomplishing such projects. And thats when From House to Home, my interior design, home staging and landscape design business was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment